STARBASE Robins offers STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) programming to 5th grade students in Middle Georgia.
STARBASE Robins offers a hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) curriculum to students from local school systems as well as several area private schools. STARBASE Robins is a Department of Defense educational program sponsored through a partnership with the Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC), the Museum of Aviation, and the Museum of Aviation Foundation. STARBASE Robins emphasizes the importance of goal-setting, teamwork and communication in everyday life.
- Create an exceptional educational and technological center for students and teachers to enjoy learning science and math.
- Engage in activity-based science and math lessons that meet students’ needs to relevance.
- Provide career goal-setting opportunities and information on reaching career goals.
- Encourage parents to become involved with their children’s education.
- Provide experiences where students view complex information from more than one vantage point.
- Foster clear communication and group cooperation in problem solving, critical thinking and decision making.
- Create partnerships with industry, government, school districts, and the military to provide a support system for student and the program.
- Correlate STARBASE curricula with Georgia Performance Standards (GPS) as well as the national science literacy goals as outlined in Benchmarks Projects 2061 and the Common Core Curriculum as each area is implemented.