Our STARBASE Robins
Welcome to our website. STARBASE ROBINS offers a positive proven approach to engaging students in STEM to open up their possibilities in the classroom as well as in the world they are surrounded by. Through our fifth grade program, after school program, summer programs and our strategic partnerships, we foster critical thinking skills, collaboration, and teamwork through hands on, minds on experiential learning that is inviting, fun and an awesome learning experience. We are hopeful that our efforts will position students to enter the STEM workforce pipeline here in Georgia and the nation.
Why Hands-on Learning is Important
Hands-on, minds-on experiential learning allows the students to concentrate and retain what they are learning. Students focus on critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity and collaboration in activities that keeps them engaged with the world they live in. What they learn through STEM will allow them to take the concepts learned and be an active force in the future workforce. STEM is the pathway for students to become innovators and influencers and not just consumers of science.
ABOUT STARBASE ROBINS
Starbase Robins is a DoD educational program aimed at increasing S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) education awareness in local schools.
Department of Defense (DoD) STARBASE offers a positive, proven approach to engendering excitement and interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.). Learn why this knowledge is important to our nation’s future.
“STARBASE is the most awesome experience I have ever had the privilege of being part of.”
– Angela Vinson, Twiggs County Middle School
“Participating in STARBASE Robins has given me an opportunity to volunteer in local schools and LEGO Robotics tournaments.”
– Wes Barfield, R.A.F.B., 402 MXSG/MXDEU
“STARBASE 2.0 has been a very positive experience for me and I’ve actually learned more from the students than they have from me.”
– Yerby Billingslea, Weaver Middle School
STARBASE ROBINS Program and STARBASE 2.0
STARBASE ROBINS offers Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) programming to 5th grade students in Middle Georgia. STARBASE 2.0 serves 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
The STARBASE ROBINS program is designed to reach underrepresented and underserved students in Georgia (GA). It strives to pique students’ interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (S.T.E.M.).
- Create an exceptional educational and technological center for students and teachers to enjoy learning S.T.E.M.
- Engage in activity-based S.T.E.M. lessons that meet students’ needs to relevance.
- Provide career goal-setting opportunities and information on reaching career goals.
- Encourage parents to become involved with their children’s education.
- Provide experiences where students view complex information from more than one vantage point.
- Foster clear communication and group cooperation in problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making.
- Correlate STARBASE curricula with Georgia Standards of Excellence.
News & Updates
The Academy begins June 21-25, 2021 from 9am – 3pm
Find out what STARBASE Robins has been doing lately. Get the latest information on camps, robotics, new team members and how you can stay involved. STARBASE Robins is always looking for career guides, mentors and interns. STARBASE Robins Spring 2021 Newsletter
STARBASE Robins_Fall_Winter 2020 Find out what's going on with STARBASE Robins. How are we adjusting to all of the changes due to COVID 19? Read all about it in our latest newsletter.